ⓘ Sandwick, Shetland

                                     

ⓘ Sandwick, Shetland

Sandwick is an ancient parish in the Shetland Islands, Scotland that had been merged in 1891, along with Cunningsburgh, into Dunrossness It is located 13 miles south of Lerwick in the South Mainland. It comprises a number of distinct settlements in very close proximity to each other, each remaining distinct through being separated by agricultural land. These settlements within Sandwick include Old Sandwick, Lebitton, Broonies Taing, Stove, Swinister and Hoswick - the latter of which is almost a village in its own right and is often considered distinct from Sandwick.

see also Sandwick, Whalsay and Sandwick, Orkney